torstai 19. huhtikuuta 2012

THEM EYEGLASSES


Hello again our lovely readers! (updating so soon!)

Today I'm actually going to write about something cosplay related and even make a tutorial!

Today's tutorial is focused on Tsuruko's eyeglasses that were nearly impossible to find!
Because I was lazy and a little scrooge I just bought a pair of eyeglasses that only cost me 3,90 euros! Genious!

I also bought the fabric and shoes for this costume (fabric 14,5€ from Eurokangas, shoes 3€ from flea market) Veeeery cheap again! (cheap is always good)


SO back to the eyeglasses!

The obligatory what you will need list:

- A pair of eyeglasses
- Buffer file
- Nail file (or just replace them both with sandpaper, I was too lazy to try and find some)
- Super glue (or nail glue, if you happen to own a bottle, I used it!)
- Nail polish
- PATIENCE

1. Remove the lenses from the glasses, they should get off quite easily. Unless you really need reading glasses I suggest that you buy the ones with the intensity of 1+ (of course in my case, it makes me even more blind but who cares)


2. Cut off the extra part


3. File the cutting marks off and use buffer to file the glasses all over - otherwise the paint may fall off

4. If your glasses are black, use a nailpolish that is light and covers well - the color doesn't really matter, this is only a bottom layer

5. Once the bottom layer is dry (REALLY DRY) take the red nailpolish and paint the glasses with at least two layers of polish

6. Let dry....if possible overnight!

7. Use the glue to attach the lenses back on their places by pressing them firmly.


8. Let the glue dry properly before trying - otherwise your eyes will hurt (not that I know something about it..*ahem*)

(step 9. Sew Momo's costume)

DONE




derp, derpier, Momo

I'm sorry about the picture quality but I had to use my phones camera so live with eet.

Yay.

Now insert a random fact:

On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds BigMac bun.

SERIOUSLY WHO DID THE MATH.




Yeah. Now off to study some International business. Yeah. I'm a business man. Yeeah-

wait.

I'm going to post another blog about the costume once I get it done!!!!!

With love,

Momo

P.S WHY ON EARTH IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A CHEAP TIE THAT IS PLAIN RED!?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti